Talinum (Talinum triangulare) or Philippine spinach is an indigenous Philippine plant very rich in vitamins and proteins. This gives it a variety of benefits such as helping in the improvement of cognitive abilities (memory and perception) and weight loss. This plant is also used in maintaining our health against heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants a nutritious and stress-free morning.
- 2 cups (50g) Talinum or Philippine Spinach
- 1 cup milk of choice (soy, almond, oat, cashew, etc.)
- 2 medium-sized bananas or 1 large banana, frozen
- Wash your Talinum
- Blend all ingredients together until creamy. You may add more water or milk to get to your desired consistency. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For a Peanut Butter-Banana twist
- Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the blender
For a more vitamin-packed smoothie
- Add other frozen or fresh fruits such as mango, pineapple, apple, avocado, berries, etc. Add more water to adjust the consistency
- Add other greens such as malunggay, alugbati, and kale
- Add chia, flax, and/or hemp seeds
For a nutritious protein shake
- add 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder and 1/4 cup water